Helping you to access resources in other libraries.
You can use this service to request items not held in the Library Information Resource Centre’s collections, that you need for your academic study or research . All items requested must be for study or academic research which has been authorised by IT Tralee.
Click here, log in to your My Library account and click on your name at the top of the page to submit a request.
Our inter-library loan service is available to all current students and staff of IT Tralee.
UK PhD theses are usually available for purchase/download from the British Library’s EThOS service, and are not available for inter-library loan.
As an undergraduate student, you are entitled to two free book loans from other Irish Institutes of Technology, per year. All other inter-library loans will be charged to your library account as follows:
- Books: €7.60 each
- Journals: €5.00 each
Payment is made in cash when the item is collected at the Library Service Desk. Please note that you will be charged for an inter-library loan even if you do not collect it from the library.
As a postgraduate student, your inter-library loans are paid for by your Department. You are entitled to 10 free inter-library loans per year but please note that the library will request approval from your Head of Department for all book and theses requests and any journal request costing more than €20.
As a member of staff, your inter-library loans are paid for by your Department. You are entitled to 20 free inter-library loans per year but please note that the library will request approval from your Head of Department or Central Services Manager for all book and theses requests and any journal requests costing more than €20.
- Journal articles: usually 48-64 hours, though some articles can take up to a period of 5-7 working days.
- Books: the delivery of books can take between 5 and 10 days.
We will email to let you know if there is any problem or delay in processing your inter-library loan.
- Journal Article: The article is a photocopy and can be kept by the requestor. It is subject to copyright and can be used for research or private study. It cannot be shared or distributed to others.
- Book: Can usually be checked out and kept for a loan period which is determined by the lending library. Occasionally, if it is high value item, or always if it is a Thesis or Dissertation, it can only be consulted in the library.
- Trinity College: €100 plus replacement cost
- British Library: €225.10, but more will be charged if the book is particularly expensive.
- IT Libraries: Replacement cost of the text.
For further information and assistance please do not hesitate to contact the ILL Staff at: email@example.com
Before making a request for an inter-library loan you should check that the item is:
- not available in the library’s print collections
- not available through the library’s online resources
You can check an item’s availability by searching the Library Catalogue.