The Library Information Resource Centre has a small number of laptops available for borrowing.
We have a small number of Laptops available for borrowing in the Library Information Resource Centre. Laptops can be borrowed for up to 2 hours at a time and are limited to use in the library.
IT Tralee students and staff with a valid T Card can borrow laptops from the library. As we only have a small number of laptops in the library, they are not available for borrowing by External borrowers at this time.
Laptops are free to borrow. However, students will be charged for late returned or damaged laptops. Overdue fines for laptops are charged at 50c an hour.
You will get a laptop in a case, together with a power cord and a mouse. There are lap-top power-points on all three floors of the library.
Search the Library Catalogue for “laptop”.
Click on “Laptop” (highlighted).
Check the status of each laptop to see if it is available.
It may be possible to renew a laptop loan depending on whether other library patrons are waiting for one to become available. Please check with staff at the Information Desk.
The username and password are on the front of the laptops. If the username and password are missing or if you are having difficulties logging in, please ask staff at the Information Desk for help.
There are a number of lap-top power-points on all 3 floors of the library.
- Use a USB key
- Email a copy to yourself. If you use this option and want to edit the document later, you will need to save the file to a USB or computer first, otherwise, the changes will not be saved
- Save it to your personal Mydocs file space
- Use an outside service such as Google Drive or Dropbox. IT Tralee has no control over the security of your documents or protection of your privacy when you use an outside service.
Please do not save your work to the desktop or the C drive of library laptops. If there is a problem with the laptop and it has to be restarted you may lose your work.
For more information on Eduroam, please visit IT Tralee’s Eduroam site.
- Please do not leave it unattended or loan it to anyone else.
- You must not take the laptop out of the library, even during an emergency evacuation.
- You may not remove or install any software on the laptop or change the system settings.
- You should make sure the laptop is properly shut down before you return it to staff at the Information Desk.